Skip to main content

Why We Removed Jimi Agbaje’s Billboard On Third Mainland Bridge – LASAA


Why We Removed Jimi Agbaje’s Billboard On Third Mainland Bridge – LASAA 

BTS MEDIA 

December 6,2018
Jimi Agbaje

The Managing Director of Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA), Mobolaji Sanusi, says the removal of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate’s Jimi Agbaje posters on third mainland bridge is not politically motivated.
According to him, some of the installations of the A-frame posters by the PDP candidate contravene the LASAA guidelines.
LASAA boss said this on Wednesday during a security and stakeholders meeting with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and political parties summoned by the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal.
He explained further that the agency has guidelines but many political candidates are flouting the rules. He recommended that politicians should play by the rules and make an official request to the agency before deploying their A-frame posters and billboards.
Sanusi added that the agency usually cleans up the state on weekly basis to remove any poster or billboards mounted illegally across the state.
The police boss in response advised all participants and political candidates to always engage the agency before pasting and mounting billboards.
The reaction of the government-owned advertising agency comes few days after PDP governorship candidate, Agbaje, raised the alarm that the party’s campaign billboards had been vandalised.
Agbaje in a tweet on his official handle described the act as tyranny, adding, however, that the party refuses to be oppressed or pushed into a corner.
He also claimed that some of the party’s deployment staff had been threatened and warned to desist from doing their job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We won’t approve aviation ministry’s 2019 budget unless minister shows up —Reps committee

We won’t approve aviation ministry’s 2019 budget unless minister shows up —Reps committee BTS MEDIA  December 11,2018  The House of Representatives Committee on Aviation has threatened not to approve the 2019 budget of the Federal Ministry of Aviation and all its parastatals for the failure of the Minister and the heads of parastatals to appear before the committee. The chairman of the committee, Rep. Nkiru Onyejeocha (PDP-Abia), issued the threat on Tuesday at a meeting on the 2018 budget performance with the committee, which the Chief Executives did not attend, though they sent representatives. Onyejeocha said that the committee was not happy with the ministry and all its agencies for always making excuses not to interface with the committee. According to her, their excuses are either about one director-general who is not in the country or about the other that has traveled out. “We cannot ask questions and get a reply. The budget implementation is zero, to ...

Senate okays higher institutions for President’s hometown, nine others Published

Senate okays higher institutions for President’s hometown, nine other BTS MEDIA November 29,2018  The Senate on Wednesday approved the establishment of 10 new higher institutions across the country. The resolution was made after the federal lawmakers adopted the report of the Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFund. The committee’s chairman, Jibrin Barau, presented the report for consideration. The 10 new higher institutions approved by the Senate include one polytechnic to be located in the hometown of President Muhammadu Buhari, Daura in Katsina State. The federal lawmakers agreed that the establishment of the institutions would open up the education space in the country. They also expressed the belief that the step would assist the country to fight illiteracy. The Senate also said that the approval of the establishment of the institutions was in line with the policy to establish polytechnics across the states. The approved institutions inclu...

My re-election a done deal – Ayade

My re-election a done deal – Ayade BTS MEDIA  November 28,2018  The Governor of Cross River State, Prof Ben Ayade, says his re-election for a second term in 2019 was a foregone conclusion. He stated this on Wednesday at the exco chamber in his office during a parley with journalists in the state. “Elections are two months away and Cross River is not feeling anything because there is no opposition. “I am not worried about the election. In 2019, I am a winner,” he said. The governor stated that with all his achievements and employment of over 6,000 aides and still counting, he believes he will be re-elected in 2019. “I am not campaigning because I am concentrating on the projects I am executing,” he said. He said he plays politics with ethics and valued his father’s name than the office of governor he occupied. Ayade also spoke about how he inherited a state neck-deep in domestic and foreign debts and was in recession, adding that he had to create a brand...