Skip to main content

President Buhari cancels ‘casual leave’

President Buhari cancels ‘casual leave’

BTS MEDIA 
November 27,2018

President Muhammadu Buhari has cancelled his planned five-day “casual leave’’ as a mark of respect for victims of Boko Haram attacks across the battlefields in the Northeast zone of the country.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the President had planned to spend the casual leave at his home country, Daura, Katsina State from November 27 to December 2.
The president, according to NAN, had earlier cancelled his official trip to Benin City, Edo, where he was initially billed to inaugurate the Edo-Azura Power Plant and grace the Chief of Army Staff Annual Conference.
NAN reports that already the advanced teams of the president, who left Abuja for Katsina and Benin on Sunday, had been asked to return.
NAN gathered that the cancellation of the trips would also enable the president to continue his ongoing meetings and consultations with relevant security and intelligence community aimed at addressing the nation’s security challenges.
However, the president is expected to declare open the Chief of Army Staff Annual Conference, which was moved from Benin City to Maiduguri, Borno, on November 28 at the Government House Conference Hall.
President Buhari’s aide on New Media, Alhaji Bashir Ahmad, had on Sunday confirmed this development on his Twitter handle.
He said: “President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to declare the COAS Annual Conference on November 28, 2018 at the Conference Hall CGH in Maiduguri, Borno state.
The conference was earlier scheduled to take place from 26 -28 November 2018 in Benin, Edo state.
NAN also gathered that the shifting of the Chief of Army Staff Annual Conference from Benin City to Maiduguri might not be unconnected with the killing of Nigerian soldiers at Metele, a remote village bordering Nigeria and Chad.

NAN learnt that President Buhari would use the opportunity of the COAS conference to address the Nigerian soldiers at the battlefields to further boost their morale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ngige clarifies govt stand on minimum wage

Ngige clarifies govt stand on minimum wage Published  26 January, 2019  Dr. Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour and Employment says the minimum wage of N27, 000 is standard for all workers, but the Federal Government will pay federal workers N30,000. The minister made this known in a statement signed by Mrs lliya Rhoda, Assistant Director, Press, of the ministry in Abuja on Saturday. According to the minister, President Muhammadu Buhari constituted a Tripartite Committee on National Minimum Wage in November 2017 to consider the issue and recommend a new national minimum wage. He said the constitution of the committee was in consonance with the provisions of the International Labour Organisation Convention on Nos.26,99 and 131 as well as guidance provided by the accompanying recommendations. “In a bid to achieve a holistic coverage, the prescribed tripartite structure went beyond the requirements of tripartism to tripartite – in order to cover other ...

Onnoghen: Buhari behaving like Hitler – Group

Onnoghen: Buhari behaving like Hitler – Group Acting CJN Published  25th January, 2019  The Advocacy for Integrity and Economic Development has described the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen as grand illegality, desecration of the garment of democracy and final stage of President Adolf Buhari Hitler’s Armageddon which must be stopped. In a statement in Abuja on Friday in reaction to the suspension of the head of Nigerian judiciary and signed by its Director of Publicity, Comrade O’Seun John, AIED stated that the action should be protested not just by every member of the Nigerian Body of Benchers but all patriots who hold dear the continuous existence of Nigeria. The statement said, “The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, today, unveiled fully his true personality after years of dilly dally and pretence as a reformed dictator. Muhammadu Buhari, whose action is likened to that of Adolf Hitler, has shown to...

Senate okays higher institutions for President’s hometown, nine others Published

Senate okays higher institutions for President’s hometown, nine other BTS MEDIA November 29,2018  The Senate on Wednesday approved the establishment of 10 new higher institutions across the country. The resolution was made after the federal lawmakers adopted the report of the Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFund. The committee’s chairman, Jibrin Barau, presented the report for consideration. The 10 new higher institutions approved by the Senate include one polytechnic to be located in the hometown of President Muhammadu Buhari, Daura in Katsina State. The federal lawmakers agreed that the establishment of the institutions would open up the education space in the country. They also expressed the belief that the step would assist the country to fight illiteracy. The Senate also said that the approval of the establishment of the institutions was in line with the policy to establish polytechnics across the states. The approved institutions inclu...