Skip to main content

We’ll reject intimidation in 2019, says Umahi

We’ll reject intimidation in 2019, says Umahi

BTS MEDIA
December 2,2018 
The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has vowed to reject any form of intimidation, harassment and manipulation during the 2019 elections.
He also said that in 2019, ‘the remnants of the House of Esau” would be chased out of the state, adding Ebonyi people remained grateful to God for the kind of governance currently taking place in the state.
Umahi stated this in Abakaliki, state capital on Saturday during the grand finale of the Christian Association of Nigeria’s prayer for his re-election/inauguration of his governorship campaign.
The governor said that the CAN, in the past, always supported the rotation of the governorship position among the three senatorial zones in the state, adding that his endorsement by the body was not out of place.
He stated that while the opposition was busy spreading lies among security agencies, his team was busy spreading the dividends of democracy among people in the state.
Umahi added, “Since I’m the first person that have been elected from the Southern zone of the state, it is important for us be allowed to continue in 2019.
“So, if anybody is coming to Ebonyi State to write election results using intimidation, the person should be aware that he would not kill all Ebonyi people. This is because the people will reject any form of intimidation and manipulation, despite who is orchestrating it.’’
The state chapter of CAN, in a 10-point communiqué signed by its Chairman, Reverend Abraham Nwali and Secretary, Acho Nwoko, the body said good leadership had never thrilled in the history of the state but in the current administration.
In a statement by its Director of Media and Publicity, Ikenna Emewu, Ogbuoji said the move was part of the old order of desperation of teaming up with every unimaginable contraption.
Meanwhile, Senator Ogbuoji Campaign Organisation has said endorsement of the governor by CAN was driven by money.
Recall that last month, the governor doled out N500m to the body, a development that raised eyebrows among the citizenry who felt it was a move to curry its support in 2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ngige clarifies govt stand on minimum wage

Ngige clarifies govt stand on minimum wage Published  26 January, 2019  Dr. Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour and Employment says the minimum wage of N27, 000 is standard for all workers, but the Federal Government will pay federal workers N30,000. The minister made this known in a statement signed by Mrs lliya Rhoda, Assistant Director, Press, of the ministry in Abuja on Saturday. According to the minister, President Muhammadu Buhari constituted a Tripartite Committee on National Minimum Wage in November 2017 to consider the issue and recommend a new national minimum wage. He said the constitution of the committee was in consonance with the provisions of the International Labour Organisation Convention on Nos.26,99 and 131 as well as guidance provided by the accompanying recommendations. “In a bid to achieve a holistic coverage, the prescribed tripartite structure went beyond the requirements of tripartism to tripartite – in order to cover other ...

Onnoghen: Buhari behaving like Hitler – Group

Onnoghen: Buhari behaving like Hitler – Group Acting CJN Published  25th January, 2019  The Advocacy for Integrity and Economic Development has described the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen as grand illegality, desecration of the garment of democracy and final stage of President Adolf Buhari Hitler’s Armageddon which must be stopped. In a statement in Abuja on Friday in reaction to the suspension of the head of Nigerian judiciary and signed by its Director of Publicity, Comrade O’Seun John, AIED stated that the action should be protested not just by every member of the Nigerian Body of Benchers but all patriots who hold dear the continuous existence of Nigeria. The statement said, “The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, today, unveiled fully his true personality after years of dilly dally and pretence as a reformed dictator. Muhammadu Buhari, whose action is likened to that of Adolf Hitler, has shown to...

Senate okays higher institutions for President’s hometown, nine others Published

Senate okays higher institutions for President’s hometown, nine other BTS MEDIA November 29,2018  The Senate on Wednesday approved the establishment of 10 new higher institutions across the country. The resolution was made after the federal lawmakers adopted the report of the Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFund. The committee’s chairman, Jibrin Barau, presented the report for consideration. The 10 new higher institutions approved by the Senate include one polytechnic to be located in the hometown of President Muhammadu Buhari, Daura in Katsina State. The federal lawmakers agreed that the establishment of the institutions would open up the education space in the country. They also expressed the belief that the step would assist the country to fight illiteracy. The Senate also said that the approval of the establishment of the institutions was in line with the policy to establish polytechnics across the states. The approved institutions inclu...